How to Improve Adwords Quality Score
Quality Score is the ever-changing variable assigned to each keyword that has effect on the ranking of your ad and the cost per click. Basically, increasing the Quality Score or QS as it is sometimes called can help improve the performance of your campaign. A higher quality score gives you a higher ranking at a cheaper rate.
The factors that affect the QS include the click-through rate or CTR, Ad relevance, and the landing page.
- One way to deal with Adwords Quality Score or increase your QS is to structure your campaigns in smaller groups. These ad groups should however be targeted. This helps to elevate the relevance between the ad and the query. While this might be a bit of a challenge, the benefits that accrue to it are enormous enough to erode the efforts expended.
- Another way of dealing with Adwords Quality Score is to optimize keyword ad copy. This helps to increase the relevance of your keywords to all the ads you have. It does not just increase your QS; it also increases the click-through rate of your campaigns.
- Have your landing pages targeted to incorporate content that contain your targeted keywords for each of the ad groups. It should be noted that creating a landing page for every ad group might not be very easy but when you consider that it helps to increase relevancy, you might want to consider this tip.
- The fourth secret for dealing with Adwords Quality Score is to know the factors involved, track your campaign, and make sure all the bases are covered.
- Reduce the duration of loading your landing page. The time of loading the landing page has become a consideration in determining QS. Each of your landing pages should be checked and the loading time determined and where possible, makes sure the time is reduced.
- The sixth secret is to use all the available location optimization techniques possible.
- Set a brand campaign live before other campaigns to enhance its performance and ultimately develop better account level QS before other campaigns are added.
- The eighth tip in dealing with Adwords Quality is to continue adding campaigns and keywords in a bid to get over the bad performers in your account with better ones.
- Write better ads and make sure your ad groups do not exceed 10-15 keywords.